Please click here to complete the CME/CPD Accreditation Forms.
Please be informed that submission of PowerPoint Presentation Slides are Mandatory as part of HAAD accreditation process
- The completed application must be received by HAAD at least 3 weeks prior to the event, in order to allow processing time. All questions must be answered in detail.
- Please ensure that you provide several means of contacting you: phone, fax, e-mail, mobile
- Please note (as per Criteria #11 on the form) that a sponsor’s products may not be mentioned on any advertising.
- For learning objectives section, the objectives should be specific and measurable, behaviourable verbs are to be utilized. General verbs such as “understand, appreciate, know, become, learn” should not be used. For the purposes of the majority of our CME/CPD events, participants would be evaluated in 1 or 2 major domains: cognitive (thinking) and psychomotor (doing).
Appropriate verbs to use for cognitive goals: define, diagnose, discuss, evaluate, compare, demonstrate, describe, explain, interpret, differentiate, apply, summarize, formulate, contrast, assess, design
Appropriate verbs to use for psychomotor goals: display, manipulate, arrange, perform, create, operate, adapt, write
Here are a few examples of learning objectives related to various CME/CPD events:
Upon completion of this educational activity, Participants will be able to:
- Evaluate hip and knee injuries, and design an appropriate treatment plan for rehabilitation, utilizing information from new evidence-based medicine
- Describe the medicinal use of honey from ancient to modern times
- Interpret thoracic x-rays utilizing a systematic approach
- Demonstrate an ability to intubate an airway mannequin, while maintaining inline immobilization
- Identify the major causes of hypertension and formulate an appropriate treatment plan for a case scenario
At least “3 learning objectives” should be written for each CME/CPD event and included in the accreditation application form.