Premarital Screening and Counseling for the most prevalent infectious diseases and common genetic disorders paves the way for a healthy reproductive life for couples. This is also an opportunity to meet with a physician who can address any other health concerns before your marriage.
A premarital medical examination is compulsory for couples who plan to get married in the UAE.
What services are provided to couples through the premarital counseling program?
- Review of medical and family history for genetic diseases.
- Relevant blood tests.
- Arranging for specialist consultation as needed.
- Providing the necessary vaccines such as Rubella and Hepatitis B to susceptible individuals.
- Providing health education and guidance on a healthy pregnancy.
What documents do I need to bring for premarital screening?
You will need to bring the following items:
- A copy of your passport OR identity card.
- 2 colored passport photos showing the full face.
- If you are below 18 years old, a parent must be present.